Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! is a Scooby-Doo reboot that aired on Cartoon Network and Boomerang in 2015-2016.
A more comedic take of the adventures of the Mystery Inc gang.
Why It Sucks
- This series is an insult to the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- The redesigns are awful. They look like a bad attempt to imitate Seth MacFarlane's or Vyond's art-styles and they look more like Brickleberry characters.
- The characters are butchered really badly:
- Daphne suffers the most flanderization as she's portrayed as a bumbling idiot, (No, Not like the charming kind like Patrick from SpongeBob SquarePants seasons 1-3 She is a total retard who annoys the viewers.)
- Fred is stuck in his own ego even more than he was in Mystery Incorporated.
- Velma is now the person hiding in the gang's shadows and no one takes her seriously. And when she has her moments, she is a complete worshipper of technology and science with no moral depths.
- Shaggy and Scooby have become dumber and worshippers of only food, they even disobeyed Velma not to continue eating a food trap in one episode.
- Speaking of the redesigns, they are unfitting in the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- Pathetic and cruel attempts at comedy.
- Laughably bad dialogue.
- Mean-spirited and unlikable antagonists who always win at the end.
- The chicken-obsessed tribal man who hates the Mystery Inc. crew in episode 2.
- Gus, a crabby elderly man who bullies everyone in the episode "Scream Madona".
- There's also a strict rich man who forces the crew to stay in the mansion for a family will.
- Cheap animation and sub-par character movements. The direct-to-video Scooby-Doo movies have much better animation and character movements than this.
- Great voice acting.
- Shaggy and Scooby's personalities are barely even different.
- Catchy theme song.
- At least it's not as bad as its predecessor.
- There was at least an attempt to give Daphne more of a personality beyond being the "rich, pretty damsel-in-distress who exists purely for fanservice".