Bud Buckwald tries to raise his family in a town that is a cross between California and Mexico named Mexifornia, which is situated at the US/Mexican border.
Why It Sucks
- Tries hard to force in the humor of Family Guy and Bob's Burgers, but it's very unfunny and awkward and nothing like those two shows.
- Really unlikable protagonist (Bud Buckwald).
- One of the recurring villains is Bud's boss, Steve, whose entire character is to bully him at his job.
- Terrible character designs.
- It's obsessed with non-stop fart jokes.
- Choppy animation.
- Abysmal and lazy voice acting that wasted the talents of Hank Azaria, Alex Borstein, Carlos Alazraqui, and Judah Friedlander.
- It's racist.
- Bud's daughter, Gert Buckwald, looks similar to Honey Boo Boo.
- Annoying and uninspired theme song and soundtrack, which completely wasted Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh's work on the show.
- Pointless cameo of Peter Griffin in the episode "American Doll".
- It has an episode too petty and cruel called "High School Football", where all the characters become unpleasant and petty, where they want to kill a football coach just because his team lost and also want to kill Bud Buckwald because if his team loses, he dies, and the end is even worse, where in the end they will kill the football coach, which is not even funny at all.
- Mexico was negatively portrayed in the show.
- Had a few funny moments.
- It only had one season.
- The creator, Mark Hentemann (who is one of the writers of Family Guy), maybe a nice person, even if Bordertown was a bust.
- Seth MacFarlane was involved in this show.
Bordertown received generally negative reviews. On Metacritic, the show holds a 46/100 score based on 15 reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, the series receives a 35% rating based on 17 reviews with an average rating of 5.3/10. The critics' consensus reads: "Bordertown's controversy-rich premise is an idea disappointingly ill-served by its execution, which repeatedly mistakes crass, desperate gags for topical humor."