Bud Buckwald tries to raise his family in a town that is a cross between California and Mexico named Mexifornia, which is situated at the US/Mexican border.
Why It Sucks
- Tries hard to force in the humor of Family Guy and Bob's Burgers, but it's very unfunny and awkward and nothing like those two shows.
- Really unlikable protagonist (Bud Buckwald).
- One of the recurring villains is Bud's boss, Steve, whose entire character is to bully him at his job.
- Terrible character designs.
- It's obsessed with non-stop fart jokes.
- Choppy animation.
- Abysmal and lazy voice acting that wasted the talents of Hank Azaria, Alex Borstein, and Judah Friedlander.
- It's racist.
- Bud's daughter is similar to Honey Boo Boo.
- Annoying and uninspired theme song and soundtrack.
- Had a few funny moments.
- It only had one season.
- The creator, Mark Hentemann, maybe a nice person, even if Bordertown was a bust.
Bordertown received generally negative reviews. On Metacritic, the show holds a 46/100 score based on 15 reviews. On Rotten Tomatoes, the series receives a 35% rating based on 17 reviews with an average rating of 5.3/10. The critics' consensus reads: "Bordertown's controversy-rich premise is an idea disappointingly ill-served by its execution, which repeatedly mistakes crass, desperate gags for topical humor."