Breadwinners is a flash animated television series that aired on Nickelodeon. It was originally an internet video when Nickelodeon took an interest and decided to turn it into an animated series. The series debuted in February 2014 and ended in August of 2016.
The series revolves around two "ducks" named SwaySway and Buhdeuce who use a rocket van to deliver bread.
Why It Sucks
- Lazy animation and character designs. SwaySway and Buhdeuce barely look like ducks (and more like frogs), and the other characters who are ducks are made from stock photography, similar to Fish Hooks.
- One scene showed the Bread Maker flexing his pecs to make them similar to a woman's breasts.
- Horrible stories and plot devices.
- Unfunny butt and fart jokes.
- Speaking of which, it heavily focuses on toilet humor. Two examples are: The main duo twerk in almost every episode, and Buhdeuce has a special attack move in which he punches people with his buttocks.
- It gets boring quickly.
- Overly agonized voice acting, which wasted usually talented voice actors such as Eric Bauza, Robbie Daymond, Fred Tatasciore (who is overused), Kari Wahlgren, Nolan North (who is also overused), etc.
- Everyone is very one-dimensional.
- Obnoxious music.
- A lot of ideas are ripped off straight from Fanboy & Chum Chum. Also, while that show had some decent and funny moments, this show has none.
- SwaySway and Buhdeuce are the stupidest names for two main characters in a cartoon.
- It rips-off The Amazing World of Gumball, due to having a similar animation, similar characters personalities, and similar humor that fails miserably, compared to aforementioned.
- The distributors of the show don't take kindly to criticism. RebelTaxi gave this show a negative review and it was taken down by Viacom despite fair use.
- Tries too hard to appeal to the kids. At times, Buhduece will say "YEAH BOI!"
The Only Redeeming Qualities
- The Rocket Van is actually creative, but executed like crap.
- The animation is at least better than the animation in the pilot.
- T. Midi Can be the only sane guy at times.
- There was a good episode of the show called Night of the Living Bread