Bubsy is an 1993 animated cartoon pilot based on the video game character of the same name. It was never picked for a full show due to negative reviews.
It is Bubsy's nephew's birthday, Bubsy sees a TV commercial for a helmet that makes whatever you think of real and decides to go test it, however a fat millionaire cat sees the commercial and wants the helmet for herself.
Why It Sucks
- Very poor and bad animation that looks like it was ripped-off from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, which was a great show in the row as Sonic Satam to begin with.
- So much noise that NEVER STOPS NOR ENDS! Even the main villain scratches her nails on a chalkboard 2 times, which is what the Bubsy series and its protagonist are like.
- Tries too hard to be use slapstick humor.
- The episode NEVER calms down.
- The titular main character, Bubsy, is INCREDIBLY annoying, obnoxious and unlikable. He says the same line "What could possibly go wrong?" repeatedly and doesn't seem to care about the bad things that happen around him, even it's himself who is the member of the monstrosity that occurs in the show.
- Terrible pacing, scenes just happen too quickly without proper flow.
- Bubsy can glide in the games (Because for some reason bobcats can fly!), but he can't in the show?
- The blue cat lady is very dumb and never gets Bubsy's name right even when it's so obivious.
- Speaking of annoying, Bubsy's twins act like spoiled brats.
- Overused stock-footage that looks like it's stolen from Godzilla and Doctor Who.
- The fat millionaire cat and her minions are rip-offs of Cruella DeVille and her henchmen Horace and Jasper from 101 Dalmatians, and those three have some of the similar behavior to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog as Scratch, Grounder, and Dr. Robotnik.
- Bubsy's friend, Arnold, being tortured and abused is a really obnoxious running gag that is badly twisted.
- Obnoxious voice acting which wastes celebrity voice actors including Rob Paulsen, Tress MacNeille, Jim Cummings, Pat Fraley, B. J. Ward and Neil Ross. Rob Paulsen also said that Bubsy is one of the worst characters he ever voiced next to Coconut Fred.
- Bland character and background designs of AOSTH.AOSTH.
Bubsy has a 4.3 or 1.9 out of 10 on IMDb. The show never aired after the pilot shown down below.