Cartoon Network is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Turner Broadcasting System which is a division and subsidiary of Time Warner. It was founded by Betty Cohen and launched on October 1, 1992.
The channel primarily broadcasts children's shows, mostly animated programming, ranging from action to animated comedy. It is primarily aimed at children and young teenagers between the ages of 7 to 15, and targets older teens and adults with mature content during its late night daypart Adult Swim, which is treated as a separate entity for promotional purposes and as a separate channel by Nielsen for ratings purposes.
List Of Currently Airing TV Programs
- Teen Titans Go!
- Ben 10 (2016)
- The Powerpuff Girls (2016)
- Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs: The Series
- Teen Titans (Reruns)
- Steven Universe (On hiatus)
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Adventure Time (Ending soon)
- Ben 10 (2005) (Reruns)
- We Bare Bears
- Regular Show (Reruns)
- The Powerpuff Girls (1998) (On Demand)
- O.K. K.O.! Let's Be Heroes
Why They Suck(ed)
Christina Miller Era; 2014-Present (the worst CN era)
- Cartoon Network nowadays relies too much on Teen Titans Go! and ignore most of their other shows. While they still air some of their other shows, TTG takes too much priority for Cartoon Network.
- They have made atrocious reboots out of some of their older shows, most notably Ben 10 and The Powerpuff Girls, with both of them getting extremely negative receptions from fans of the originals.
- Many of their newly-acquired cartoons are horrible, such as Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs: The Series.
- For their 25th Anniversary on October 1st, 2017, they've barely done anything at all to celebrate it.
- They've ended a lot of their great shows.
- The rebrand of Cartoon Network's sister channel, Boomerang, was a complete disaster. As a result, not only does the channel not at all live up to the original version, but the channel no longer airs any of the Hanna-Barbera cartoons in favor of simply re-airing modern cartoons like Teen Titans Go!, The Powerpuff Girls, mid-2000s shows, and others, making the channel today completely useless.
- Current hiatuses like Adventure Time and Steven Universe.
- They haven't immediately picked up shows with great potential, such as Infinity Train and Villainous.
- They cancelled some of their shows like Young Justice, Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Sym-Bionic Titan because those shows had high budgets and they think toy sales should be connected to viewership (Young Justice has since been revived on Netflix due to strong fan demand).
- They have announced that Teen Titans Go! is getting a movie this year on July 27, 2018.
- They have started cashing in of the nostalgia of The Powerpuff Girls and Ben 10, to the point that people are starting to get sick and tired of them.
- Ever since 2007, many of CN's shows have received mixed-to-negative reception.
- They aired many good shows like Sim-Bionic Titan, Young Justice and Thundercats (2011) which had so much potential to fix their reputation, but cancelled them for useless excuses.
- They are creating the grand finale of Adventure Time in 2018, as announced in 2016.
- They stopped airing anime in 2017, due to Cartoon Network losing the rights to Pokémon and was moved to Disney XD. As of now, Cartoon Network now no longer airs anime at all!
Stuart Snyder Era; 2007-2014 (bad CN era but not as bad as the current era)
- Cartoons ranging from mediocre to terrible (most of them) , such as The Problem Solverz, Almost Naked Animals, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, Out of Jimmy's Head, Incredible Crew, Johnny Test, Level Up, Hero: 108, Chop Socky Chooks, and The High Fructose Adventures of Annoying Orange, which have all since been cancelled.
- The last remaining five episodes of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi have never been aired in the United States. In addition, Cartoon Network has still not made any plans to air them either.
- They made horrible live-action shows (a poor man's version of Adult Swim) that literally killed the purpose of their channel. For example, Dude, What Would Happen? and Destroy Build Destroy.
- The Hall of Game Awards, which are mostly a ripoff of Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards.
- They aired some mediocre shows such as My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Squirrel Boy.
- Some shows that are aired some countries, such as the Middle East (Aka. Cartoon Network Arabic, and its HD counterpart Cartoon Network MENA), are heavily censored.
- Most of their older cartoons are good, such as Dexter's Laboratory and Ed Ed n Eddy.
- Most of their shows from the early-to-mid 2000s are very good such as Samurai Jack, Justice League, Teen Titans, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kids Next Door, The Grim Adventures Of Billy and Mandy, etc.
- Their 20th Anniversary celebration in Autumn 2012 was amazing.
- They stopped doing live-action shows in 2013, due to heavy fan backlash, negative reviews, budget issues, and Christina Miller exclusively focusing on cartoons.
- They also removed Hall of Game Awards in 2014, thus scrapping future awards shows for the series.
- They have started airing reruns of Teen Titans since August 7, 2017.
- Some schedules have more variety in several countries, including the Philippines.
- They have made a new show called OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, which is actually GOOD.
- They have started airing reruns of the original Ben 10 since October 7, 2017.
- They have started airing reruns of Regular Show since November 13, 2017.
- They made a new show called UniKitty! which is way better than Teen Titans Go!.
- Many of their pilots are really good. Craig Of The Creek and Welcome To My Life are examples.
- They're actually not that bad; nearly all of these problems above stem from them going downhill.