Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island (or simply Coconut Fred) is a Saturday morning children's show that aired on Kids' WB in the United States, from September 17, 2005 to May 27, 2006. The show was produced by Warner Bros. Animation.show reruns 2006-2007
The show takes place on an island inhabited exclusively by fruit. The residents enjoy their own tropical paradise without a care in the world; they must share their peaceful utopia with the joyfully strange Coconut Fred, a whimsical, blissfully foolish coconut with the special ability to materialize anything he thinks about. The plot revolves around the adventures of Fred and his friends, as his boundless imagination springs to life while his friends struggle to cover up the collateral.
Why It Sucks
- Rip-off of SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Horrible voice acting that wasted the talents of Rob Paulsen, Michael Donovan, Eric Bauza, Tracey Moore, Britt McKillip, Brian Drummond, and Dave Kaye.
- Speaking of Rob Paulsen, he also regretted voicing the main character, Coconut Fred (even more than Bubsy Bobcat), and called the whole a SpongeBob SquarePants rip-off as mentioned above.
- Terrible flash animation quality, even for 2005 standards.
- The main character, Coconut Fred, is really annoying and overly happy in even the worst situations.
- Awful jokes.
- Idiotic concept.
- Like Da Boom Crew and Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!, it aired on one of the greatest Saturday morning cartoon blocks of all time, Kids! WB.
- Insufferable theme song.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Some likable characters (Like Bingo Cherry).