Da Boom Crew is Canadian-American animated series created by Bruce W. Smith (creator of Disney's The Proud Family) that aired on The WB Network's Kids! WB block from September 11 to October 2nd, 2004.
A bunch of kids get hit by a power surge which causes them to be transported into their own video game.
Why It Sucks
- The characters always constantly talk in slang that nobody EVER used. (i.e - "Tony Hawk it later, homie!")
- It's literally all just an annoying mess.
- It's a case of a horrible TV show with a good concept. Other sufferers from this case include Legends of Chamberlain Heights and Oggy and the Cockroaches.
- Rips off better shows (mainly Samurai Jack and Captain N: The Game Master).
- Bland animation.
- Racist black stereotypes which is ironic considering that the creators are African-American.
- This show was so bad that only 4 of the 13 episodes were aired in America while the other 9 episodes aired in the UK.
- A poor man's The Proud Family,. which is ironic considering the show was msde by the same people who made The Proud Family.
- The theme song rips off Puff Daddy's Come With Me.
- It aired on one of the greatest Saturday morning cartoon blocks of all time, Kids! WB.
- For some reason, the kids are surprised of what they see in the world they were teleported to. And said place looks like the game they made. Shouldn't they know it by now?
- Some lip sync screw ups there and there.
- Decent character designs