Fanboy & Chum Chum is a 2009 Nickelodeon series created by Eric Robles and Frederator Studios, and is a spin-off to Random Cartoons, much like with Adventure Time.
Two friends go on abnormal adventures and do unrealistic goals.
Why It Sucks
- The animation is too rigid and ugly.
- Terrible and annoying soundtrack.
- Overuse of toilet humor and pop culture references.
- The voice acting mostly consists of screaming and squealing, so it is not even actual voice acting. In fact, it wasted the talents of David Hornsby, Jamie Kennedy, Josh Duhamel, Jeff Bennett (who is overused), Jim Cummings, Nika Futterman, and Candi Milo.
- Terrible pacing that feels like the writers weren't even trying.
- As with the former mentioned above, his cliché of being treated like dirt is insulting.
- It started the dork age (a period in a franchise, especially a long-running one, where there was a dramatic change of concept or execution, usually to stay current and it did not work) of Nickelodeon, which lasted from 2009 to 2015.
- The use of pop culture references are weird and even reference adult movies, such as A Clockwork Orange and The Shining, which are both directed by Stanley Kubrick.
- Kyle, Lenny, and Boog are likable characters.
- Some moments are actually pretty funny.
- The animation is sometimes good.
- It prevented Nickelodeon from ruining Adventure Time.
- Nickelodeon lated reused the Buddy Comedy aspect in Robot and Monster a few years later.