NOTE: We are not against random YouTubers who make these videos, we are just criticizing these videos. If you like making grounded videos, dead meat videos and held back videos, we respect your opinion.
Grounded Videos are videos where kids gets grounded by their parents for a long amount of time. There are also five variations of these videos, Dead Meat Videos (also known as Behavior Card Day videos), Assaulting/Punishment Day Videos, Time Out Videos, and Held Back Videos. These videos were started by Adamkleinschmidt2003 in 2011, and are still going on today.
Why They Suck
- These videos are basically the same thing, as they are all boring and repetitive.
- The characters are all unlikable and show no personality aside from being troublemakers for odd reasons.
- The troublemakers do bad stuff in some types of videos without a valid, or legit reason.
- These videos often contain child abuse, especially in Punishment Day videos, which is very bad.
- Many of the plots are copied from other GoAnimate users or scenes from everything like TV shows, which are literally the same thing. Examples are "[troublemaker] Poops on the Teacher", "[troublemaker] Misbehaves at [restaurant/store name]", and "[troublemaker] Disrespects [event name]".
- Some troublemakers are either adults, real-life people, or even characters from copyrighted franchises and for example, Caillou (in which these videos got inspired by its title character's spoiled brat behavior), Dora the Explorer, Little Bill, Barney the Dinosaur, The Teletubbies, Peppa Pig, Dr. Eggman from the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, Plankton from SpongeBob SquarePants, King Pig from Angry Birds, Flower from Battle for Dream Island, Donald Trump, and even Alvin Hung himself, the founder and CEO of GoAnimate.
- Some users overuse Boomboxer, a Paper Mario enemy in their videos.
- Bland, cheep looking animation, despite the fact that they were either made with GoAnimate or Plotagon.
- Most of these videos are GoAnimate-styled.
- The staff of GoAnimate hate these videos.
- On topic of this, these are one of the reasons why Alvin Hung, the founder and CEO of GoAnimate, removed the non-business themes, most notably Comedy World, Lil' Peepz, and Cartoon Classics, to turn GoAnimate into a business site as of October 19, 2015. Furthermore, the free plan was also changed to a 14-day trial plan as of November 25, 2015. The GoAnimate for Schools still retained the non-business themes, however, until July 26, 2016.
- They are group child users (sometimes adults) that are respondable with these videos.
- They are mostly child internet users.
- They are the internet trolls.
- They’re immature that they can’t accept why the GoAnimate CEO Alvin Hung removed everything on his website.
- They made awful hate videos of him.
- They sent out immature comments and messages to him such as grounded threats, arrested threats, fired threats, and others.
- They made inappropriate videos and comments.
- In fact, they named themselves “GoF*gs”, as the word “f*g” was used, which is it truly bad for children to use that language.
- The troublemakers get grounded for either large amount of years or forever, which makes no sense.
- Some videos depict troublemakers getting grounded for strange, stupid and nonsensical reasons, such as for getting a Barney Error, stepping in dog poop, no reason, getting a VHS or DVD, watching a TV show, behaving well at a hospital and even crying after being born.
- This is not what GoAnimate was really made for in the first place.
Dead Meat Videos
- These videos involve troublemakers getting a bad card (mostly black or red), getting in dead meat, and getting expelled for that. Most of these dead meat videos even involve the troublemakers getting grounded.
- Some of these videos are over 8, 10, and even 15 minutes long.
- These videos in particular are very repetitive, with little to no changes within the video's timeframe.
- Some of the rewards are odd and unrealistic, like graduating forever, which can be considered unfair to the other students. In addition, you don't graduate from school until you finish the 12th grade.
- There are like 150 students in the class which is also unrealistic.
- They change voices as the cards get worse.
Held Back Videos
- These videos involve troublemakers doing something bad in school, such as being late so many times, getting in dead meat, and other bad things. Then the troublemakers get sent to the principal's office, and they get held back a grade. Once they get held back, the troublemakers do even more bad stuff every time they get held back, all the way to preschool. When they get held back to preschool, they do another bad things, such as eating all of the milk and cookies, singing a bad song, scaring the little kids, and other bad stuff. After that, they get expelled. Most of these held back videos involve the troublemakers getting grounded.
- Some students in these videos even do something bad, such as throwing a basketball at the teacher and saying something bad, then blame the troublemakers for it, and the troublemakers get held back for something they didn't do. After that, the student get away with it.
- Most of the schools in the GoAnimate universe are very unfair.
- This is not even what being held back is in real life. Sure, you have to repeat a grade, but not every other grade you've finished before the one you're repeating!
- Nearly everybody is in 12th grade (Form 6), which makes no sense at all.
- When the characters reach preschool/kindergarten, they usually get held back for eating/drinking all the milk/cookies. This proves that the teachers want the kids to get sick from sharing food/drinks with strangers.
- Some of these videos at least have effort put into them.
- Some could even be funny.
- Many users later have stopped making these videos, most likely when all of the non-business themes on GoAnimate got taken down due to their incompatibility with HTML5, or because they have gotten old nowadays.
- None of these videos have invaded other animation programs like Adobe Flash (now Adobe Animate) and Pivot.
- Not all grounded videos are entirely bad. There are non-GoAnimate styled and normal grounded videos where kids usually do some bad things (not as bad as the ones in the bad qualities section) and get grounded for like a week or a month, instead of like 1 billion years or forever. These type of videos are very similar to getting grounded in real life, and they are more or less better than GoAnimate-styled grounded videos.
- Some parents in these videos can act more mature and less or non-abusive than most GoAnimate parents.
- Some GoAnimators make nutshell videos out of grounded videos, dead meat videos, and held back videos.
Grounded Videos, Dead Meat Videos, and Held Back Videos both received generally mixed reviews from critics. These videos originally received critical acclaim, but when they started to lose popularity due to many users retiring from making these videos, reviews on these videos are now mixed. Some people like these videos, while others don't. As of 2016, these videos have been mercilessly criticized among internet reviewers, YouTubers, GoAnimators, former GoAnimators, non-GoAnimators, and critics. These videos have been known as the main cause to why GoAnimate is going downhill, and why the site is losing popularity. Although GoAnimate was made for Business and Entertainment, it was definitely not made for Grounded Videos, Dead Meat Videos, Held Back Videos, or other types of bad videos that are ruining the site.
Here are some videos made by YouTubers and GoAnimate users that review and rant on Grounded Videos, Dead Meat Videos, and Held Back Videos, which are mentioned in this page.