Robin convinces the Titans to return back to school with him so he can finally become the all-American class president-type he's dreamed of being.
Why It Sucks.
- Teen and high school stereotypes.
- As usual, Robin is an unlikable, whiny jerk.
- Robin constantly bullies Beast Boy for no apparent reason by crane-kicking him and calling him a “nerd”.
- The other Titans are blamed for Robin's actions and even get expelled.
- Robin NEVER learns from his actions or faces any repercussions, instead he just states that he got his own label wrong.
- The title is way too long to remember.
- The episode is trying to say: “If you beat up your friends, you’ll get what you want” and "If you fail to live up to your label, take your anger out on your friends".
- This episode is arguably the most infamous example of the damage done to the Robin x Starfire relationship.
- It copies The Breakfast Club, which was way better than this.
The Only Redeeming Quality
- Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, and Starfire are the closest characters to being likable and little close to their original 2003 counterparts as they aren’t rude and competitive like Robin and they actually appreciate each other for their achievements in High School.
This episode received mostly negative reviews from fans of the original Teen Titans series. The main subject of criticism is the fact that Robin is being very abusive to the other Titans (especially Starfire of all people) for no apparent reason. Another criticism is that the other Titans are also blamed for Robin's actions despite them (except Robin) not doing anything wrong.