Johnny Test is a low-budget Canadian-American cartoon that aired in 2005-2014 on Teletoon in Canada and on The WB (Season 1) The CW (Season 2-3 Season 1 Reruns) Cartoon Network (Season 4-6 Season 1-3 Reruns) in North America.
Why It Sucks
This will only focus on Seasons 2-6
- It's infamous for ripping off other cartoons, most notably Dexter's Laboratory, The Fairly OddParents, Jonny Quest, Scooby-Doo, Dynomutt, Dog Wonder, Doraemon and Tom & Jerry.
- The episodes are almost always the same thing every time over and over again (something goes wrong and Johnny and Dukey (sometimes with other characters) have to fix it). It's a trademark example of "same s**t, different episode".
- The theme song rips off Green Day's "American Idiot".
- Annoying and horrible voice acting that wasted the talents of James Arnold Taylor, Ian James Corrlet, Ashleigh Ball, etc.
- Susan and Mary's characters are literally just them drooling over boys and giving Johnny dangerous stuff.
- Extremely terrible Flash animation.
- Horrid designs for most of the characters.
- Johnny Test is a very unlikable character because he is a huge spoiled and selfish brat. Heck, he's spoiled enough to even give Caillou a run for his money.
- Overuse of toilet jokes, such as Johnny Test farting on the bad guys to defeat them when he is dressed as a superhero (Johnny X), which is absolutely nonsensical and disgusting.
- The whipping sound that plays every time the characters move their arms will get on your last nerve.
- Terrible and unfunny humor.
- Poorly-written scripts.
- The background music in every episode gets really annoying and is used frequently throughout each episode.
- It destroyed the reputation of the creator, Scott Fellows, who created one of the best Nick shows ever aired (Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide).
- The show's hatedom due to a lot of hate art, comments, and videos from people who may take opinions way too far.
- Dukey The Dog, Susan and Mary are the only tolerable characters.
- Season 1 was considered much better because the animation was nice and they used an original theme song.
- It was the last surviving show from the pre-2010 rebrand.
- Some episodes and plots can be tolerable
- The action can be entertaining at times