Monster Musume (モンスター娘のいる日常 Monsutā Musume no Iru Nichijō "Everyday Life with Monster Girls") is an ecchi/harem anime series by studios Lerche and Seva adapted from the manga of the same name by Okayado. The anime currently consists of one 12-episode series produced in 2015, with a 2-episode OVA produced in 2016 and 2017.
The anime follows a young boy named Kimihito Kurusu who is met by a snake-gorgon monster named Miia who is a so called "liminal" who has been delievered by Mrs. Smith at his door by accident, and immediately falls in love with Kimihito. He is also later confronted by other liminals who also fall in love with him and also want to get married by him, thus generating jealousy over Miia.
Why It Mostly Sucks
- A terrible, absurd and monotonous plot.
- A few terrible monster-character designs, that may make a few people vomit, except for Suu and a few other monsters.
- Some of the monsters aren't even monsters. Their just mythical creatures like Centorea and Meroune.
- Terrible romance and chemistry between Kimihito and Miia.
- As the name and theme may imply, it focuses heavily on bestiality, which can lead to certain people have bad tastes in their mouths.
- Too many uncensored breasts, though it doesn't bother a lot of people.
- Most monsters don't resemble what they are called. In episode 7, the monsters that are robbing a manga store, they call themselves orcs. They don't look like the ones from the Lord Of The Rings franchise. They look like warthogs. For Zombina, she just looks like a stiched-up doll.
- The ending is unsatisfying.
- Does Centorea really need a skirt to cover her whole entire horse body?
- Great Animation.
- Fantastic English Dub from Bryson Baugus (Kimihito), Allison Sumrall (Miia), Brittney Karbowski (Papi), Molly Searcy (Centorea), Monica Rial (Suu), and Shelly Calene-Black (Smith). The Japanese voice acting is also well-done too.
- Saikousoku Fall In Love and Hey Smith are nice to listen to.
- Suu and Meroune are likable characters. Suu is very cute and has an adorable voice. Meroune likes romance tragedies and doesn't seduce Kimihito more often.
- Centorea's English dub scream is really hilarious to listen.
- Some of the monster designs are kinda cool and aren't disgusting like Rachnera, Suu, Meroune (even though she's not really a monster), and Draco.
- Kimihito cares for the monster girls.
- Most people actually find this anime as a guilty pleasure depending on what people they are.
- A season 2 might come out.