Planet Sheen is a animated comedy science fiction show that was produced from 2009 to 2010 and aired from 2010 to 2013. It's a spin-off of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
When Sheen Estevez accidentally crash lands Jimmy's rocket on Planet Zeenu, he makes a few friends while trying to rebuild his rocket to get back home.
Why It Sucks
- Sheen is changed from a supportive, actually funny comic relief that had a character, to an annoying, aggravating and unfunny comic relief with barely any character and with the personality of Jar Jar Binks.
- Throughout the show, Sheen doesn't have any concern with returning to Earth.
- On the topic of this, the series ends with Sheen deciding to stay on Zeenu.
- Aside from Sheen, none of the other characters from the original are in the show.
- Very poor character names. For example, the main villain of the show is named Dorkus.
- The animation is extremely cheap looking, poor and lazy for the date that was released (2010).
- The Zeenuains' background designs all look unappealing.
- Terrible voice acting that wasted usually talented voice actors like Jeff Garcia and Rob Paulsen. The only good voice actor is Bob Joles as Nesmith.
- Nesmith can be considered a "Megward the Wizard", a character who gets abused for no apparent reason. The same can be said for Dorkus, the main antagonist.
- Most of the characters are clearly just replacement characters for the original show. For example, the character Doppy is basically Carl but as an alien. He has the same style beady eyes as Carl, the personality of Carl, and even the voice actor of Carl, Rob Paulsen. In fact, Mr. Enter even just called him Carl in his review of the show because of this. Oh, and did we mention he's basically an alien Carl?
- This show is one of the major reasons Nickelodeon was getting a lackluster reputation at the time.
- In one episode, "Is This Cute?", there's a pony with a rainbow mane named Balrog who is feared by the aliens, shoots out snot and picks people up with its nose hairs and later wants to make a library with happy endings, which is both disgusting, disturbing and inappropriate for sensitive audiences.
- This show has a lot of toilet humor, while the original show lacked it.
- Very terrible theme song that's just random things being yelled out.
- Outdated boyish and girlish stereotypes.
- Aseefa isn’t as good as a love interest for Sheen like Libby was.
- At least Sheen's voice actor, Jeff Garcia, reprised his role in the show.
- Carl made a cameo in a flashback in "Is This Cute?".
- Again, Bob Joles gives a pretty good performance as Nesmith.
- At least some of the crew of the original show, including the creators, were involved in this show.
- Has better animation than the pilot.
While Jimmy NeutronThe Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius was well-received and gained a cult following, Planet Sheen was panned by both critics and fans of the original, had only one season, often aired episodes out of order, and currently has a 3.3 on IMDb. In addition, it has constantly been listed as one of the worst cartoon spin-offs of all time and one of the worst Nickelodeon shows of all time.
- There was going to be a TV movie where Jimmy and his friends go to Zeenu to find Sheen and bring him back to Earth, but it was cancelled due to the show having obvious low ratings.
- If you look closely at the show's title card, you can clearly see a wooden nail on the back of Zeenu instead of an actual comet.