Screams of Silence: The Story of Brenda Q is an episode of Family Guy from season 10.
Quagmire's sister, Brenda, comes to Quagmire's aid when he suffers an accident, but soon Quagmire realizes that she is the one that needs help.
Why it Sucks
- Abuse jokes.
- Brenda is constantly abused by her boyfriend, Jeff, throughout the entire episode.
- In one scene Jeff says he hates immigrants, which was very racist and unnecessary.
- The episode was poorly written and does not correctly portray the mindset of a domestically abused person very well.
- The episode ends in a letter where Jeff states that Brenda is garbage. This is not right because abusive relationships can also hurt minds. So as a result, Brenda is now in a worse state after this episode.
- Joe doesn't do anything to stop the abuse. Despite being a police officer who is supposed to arrest anyone who breaks the law, and abusing someone is against the law.
- Quagmire's speech to his sister is so bad, so wrong and so disrespectful that it's pure wonder this episode wasn't banned as soon as it aired.
- The cutaway where we see Meg trying to pop a zit, which is more disgusting than the Garbage Pail Kids.
- The Clown Porn scene was actually pretty funny.
- It shows that Quagmire is more than just a pervert, but a loving brother.
- Jeff's death.
- The "Iraq Lobster" cutaway.