Spaceballs: The Animated Series is an animated television series that was created by Mel Brooks and Thomas Meehan and ran on the now defunct G4 from September 2008 to March 2009. It is based on the 1987 movie Spaceballs.
Why It Sucks
- Ugly character designs.
- Poor voice acting.
- Only the third episode (first aired) parodies Star Wars--others parody popular movies.
- The two pilot episodes are retellings of the movie, only unfunnier and the jokes aren't funny.
- The theme is too dramatic and tries too hard to describe the Spaceballs--especially when there's already a more lively song in the movie that describes the Spaceballs!
- Females are drawn with breasts that are floppy (This includes Vespa, and she didn't look like that in the movie).
- Poor grasp on source material. For instance, Dark Helmet is too idiotic, Barf is only there for fart, burp and vomit jokes, Major Asshole is renamed Major Bleephole, Lone Starr is useless and Planet Spaceball is now Planet Moron.
- You'd think this would be a continuation of the series, but it's not. For instance, Vespa and Lone Starr are not married and Planet Spaceball is not running out of air.
- The Spaceballs retelling episodes are said to be on DVD, but the only DVD known, Spaceballs: The Totally Warped Adventures, doesn't seem to have that.
- Bland flash animation.
- Mel Brooks is said to have written all the episodes, which sounds unlikely because the writing doesn't seem like Mel Brooks' writing.
- The humor and jokes are poor, consisting of (as stated in section 7) toilet jokes and unfunny jokes.
- CENSORED profane moments from the movie, even some of the funniest moments with profanity.