During Seasons 6 to Season 8, SpongeBob SquarePants experienced a massive decline in quality from 2008 to 2012.
Why These Seasons Sucked
- Most of the characters have been flanderized badly, some of them even becoming flat-out unlikable.
- Patrick has turned from hilariously stupid to annoyingly stupid. Patrick has also became a selfish jerk in various episodes of these seasons, like in Yours, Mine and Mine and Patrick's Staycation.
- Mr. Krabs has turned from just greedy to straight-up evil.
- Spongebob has gone from a loveable, naive protagonist to a very annoying crybaby in some episodes like A Day Without Tears, and who stalks Squidward in some episodes like Boating Buddies and Choir Boys. He isn't that bad in some episodes though.
- A lot of bad episodes, to the point the episodes that had their individual pages on this wiki once cluttered this wiki.
- Some episodes are very mean-spirited, mainly involving Squidward (rarely even SpongeBob) getting tortured.
- Some episodes are incredibly stupid and have stupid jokes too.
- Some episodes have gross-out humor or disturbing content. How can you make Ren & Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon's gross out humor worse than that?
- Some episodes were better off if they were either re-written, or used for Ren and Stimpy (if only Ren and Stimpy wasn't killed by its infamous revivial).
- Some episodes try to be like an episode from the old era, and Ren and Stimpy, but some either get them wrong or fail trying to be like these episodes from two good cartoons by ripping the ideas off from either Ren and Stimpy or the first three seasons. (For example: Home Sweet Rubble tries to be like Home Sweet Pineapple, but it failed miserably because it tries way too hard to be like Home Sweet Pineapple).
- Some episodes are just really boring and have filler like the Plankton episodes.
- Other episodes are just not funny at all.
- The TV movie Truth or Square was not well-received, mainly due to the blatant bait-and-switches.
Examples of Bad Episodes from These Seasons:
- "The Splinter"
- "Boating Buddies"
- "Squid's Visit"
- "Choir Boys"
- "The Card"
- "Pet or Pests"
- "The Clash of Triton"
- "A Pal for Gary"
- "One Coarse Meal"
- "Stuck in the Wringer"
- "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy"
- "Yours, Mine and Mine"
- "Big Sister Sam"
- "A Day Without Tears"
- "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful"
- "Krusty Dogs"
- "Model Sponge"
- "The Cent of Money"
- "Karate Star"
- "The Play's the Thing"
- "You Don't Know, Sponge"
- "The Sinking Feeling"
- "Hide and Then What Happens?"
- "Pet Sitter Pat"
- "Demolition Doofus"
- "Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom"
- "Face Freeze!"
- "Plankton's Good Eye"
- "Sentimental Sponge"
- "Are You Happy Now?"
- "Home Sweet Rubble"
- "Restraining SpongeBob"
- "InSPONGEiac" (rip off of "Insomiac Ren")
- "Patrick's Staycation"
- A handful of good or decent episodes like "Sand Castles in the Sand", "Perfect Chemistry", "Frozen-Face Off", "Planet of the Jellyfish", "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!", etc.
- There are some good jokes here and there.
- The animation, character designs and voice acting all improved.
- "Truth or Square" was the first time SpongeBob went in widescreen (despite the show staying in 4:3 until Summer 2012, and 2013).
- The songs and musical numbers are still fun to enjoy (for example: "We've Got Scurvy!").
- The title cards and time cards are still usually good.
- Some moments from these seasons have became internet memes. (Examples: "Who put you on the planet?" from "I Heart Dancing")