Super Duper Sumos is a low-budget 2002 cartoon made by DIC Entertainment and aired on Nickelodeon. The show was not well received and has been considered to the worst cartoon ever by RebelTaxi. The show lasted 26 episodes between 2002 and 2003.
The main plot for the series was for the crime fighting sumo wrestlers to go on an adventure and fight using their buttocks. There were three sumo wrestlers called Booma, Kimo and Mamoo.
A typical episode consisted of "Bad Inc" trying to destroy Generic City by numerously themed ways, although almost all of their plans involved giant monsters. The head of Bad Inc, Ms. Mister, usually assigned the in-house mad-scientist Stinger to create these evil monsters. At the end of each episode, Ms. Mister fires Stinger for failing to create an unstoppable monster (although he always appears employed in the next episode and is never actually fired). Every episode contained gratuitous use of the word "butt". In every episode the three wrestlers use "Sumo Size". This makes them stronger, more muscular and considerably larger. Each sumo has a characteristic move they use when "Sumo Sized", usually the three sumos initiate their attack one after another in the same order. Often in times of trouble, the sumos undertake a flashback remembering something Wisdom San (their teacher) taught them. They also may get advice from Prima, who is the sumos' friend and encouraging sidekick who often follows them and acts the most sensibly. Throughout the whole series, each sumo fights for their own cause (they draw their abilities from a force known as 'P.H.A.T.', standing for Peace, Honor and Truth).
Why It Sucks
- Stiff animation that is reused a lot.
- Jokes in which some can be inappropriate for a cartoon aimed at children, mainly the butt jokes which are often overused. Aside from them which appear at a constant level, the whole show is revolting. The three main characters are almost naked and walk around the town this way without anyone complaining.
- Bad voice acting that wasted the talents of Matt Hill, Ben Hur, Cusse Mankuma, etc.
- Repetitive plots.
- Awful and sometimes creepy characters. The blonde sumo, Booma, is always hitting on Prima despite being a grown man.
- The character designs look out of place for example Genghis, Dr. Stinger, and many background characters.
- Some of character designs are nice to look at (like the sumos themsleves).
- Catchy theme song.