Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills is a 1994 original American low-budget tokusatsu show by DIC Entertainment, made to cash in on the success of the Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers. Unlike Power Rangers, it was not adapted from any pre-existing tokusatsu show.
The series was notably lampooned by TeamFourStar's Dragon Ball Z Abridged.
Four teenagers from Beverly Hills (hence the title) are chosen by the alien Nimbar to stop an evil alien emperor named Gorganus. Nimbar gives them the power to transform into giant superheroes called the "Galactic Sentinels".
Why it Sucks
- Terrible acting, even by tokusatsu standards.
- Forgettable, unlikable and stereotypical protagonists who are constantly at each others’ throats.
- Jaw-droppingly bad character designs that would make even WWE's Max Moon cringe.
- Extremely repetitive. Aside from most of the episodes following the exact same opening formulas, only ten monster suits were built and three fighting spaces made, resulting in the same monsters/spaces being used over and over again over the course of 40 episodes.
- Numerous continuity issues.
- Dreadful fight choreography. The usage of blatantly obvious stunt doubles don’t help either.
- Awful CGI special effects, even by early 90's standards.
- As stated above, it's a blatant rip-off of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.