The Beatles is an American animated television show created by Sylban Buck and Al Brodax, based on the English rock band of the same name. It ran from 1965 to 1969; The series was a historical milestone as the first weekly television series to feature animated versions of real, living people.
Every episode has a name of their songs, and based on their lyrics. Each episode place The Beatles in all sorts of madcap situacions, always running from fan-crazed girls, encountering local swindlers, goofy lovestick animals or fleeing from ghosts, witches and vampires.
Why It Sucks
- Low-budget animation; the animation in many episodes looks flat, papercut and bland.
- John, Paul and George are unlikeable characters.
- Ringo is the whipping mule of the series.
- In one episode; John, Paul and George try to kill Ringo as a lesson. This is not a joke.
- Half of the episodes are just them singing.
- When one of them is in trouble or on the edge of death, they just sing, which makes it mean-spirited.
- Until seasons 2 and 3, the singing sequences are recycled; something that makes the entire episodes annoying.
- The Beatles hated it at the beginning.
Things that are Okay
- Despite the real Beatles not acting like their Cartoon versions; the voice acting is okay (the only problem is that George and John don't sound similar: John has the "Rex Harrison" voice impression and George has an Irish or Scottish accent, in the other place; Paul and Ringo sound more like real life characters, but Americans).
- The character designs resemble Hanna-Barbera background characters.
- Some episodes aren't too bad.
- John, Paul and George can be likable in some episodes.
- Some episodes are well animated.
- The episode "Good Day Sunshine" is a good episode for Ringo, because he thought that's he's just a jinx and Paul, John and George are likable because they help him.
- The humour and Gags are creative and clever.
- The late George Harrison has said that the show is funny to watch.
- The segments and singalongs have more decent animation than the actual episodes.
- Its Japanese and Spanish dub makes the characters more likable; especially on John.
- Its fanbase.
- This show was the first weekly TV show to feature animated versions of real, living people.