The Nutshack is a 2007 Filipino-American adult animated sitcom towards to a Filipino American audience that aired on Myx TV in the United States and Myx in the Philippines.
Two cousins (Phil and Jack) from completely different areas (the Philippines and the San Francisco Bay Area) are forced to live together by their overly controlling uncle, Tito "Dickman" Dick.
Why It Sucks
- Unfunny jokes, as well as an overuse of sex jokes to the point where it will make you projectile vomit.
- Bad voice-acting, character designs, art style, animation and soundtrack (for example, the theme song that raps the show's title repeatedly, which has been quite recently made fun out of by countless YouTube users). Speaking of the voice acting, the show had a complete waste of talented voice actors and actresses, such as Jesse Hernandez and Joshua Padilla.
- The animation itself is absolutely awful, the flash animation is flash animation done poorly.
- The background music drowns out the dialogue.
- An episode called Got Surgery? encourages female viewers to get breast enlargements in order to feel accepted.
- The characters (excluding Chita) range from downright disgusting to utterly annoying.
- Awful writing.
- The show's title has absolutely nothing to do with the show's premise at all.
- It is offensive to Filipinos despite the creators being of Filipino descent themselves, proving how horrible and hypocritical they are to Filipinos and Filipino-Americans everywhere.
- The general color scheme for the entire series looks like a homeless guy painted it with the grime and dirt from underneath his fingernails.
- The trans-gendered character, Cherry Pie, could be considered offensive to actual trans-gendered people, as she is portrayed as nothing more than a stereotypical feminine lady-boy that makes everyone around her very uncomfortable.
- Spawned tons of parody memes on YouTube.
- The animatic is better than the show itself, which is surprising.
- Chita is probably the only likable character on the show.
- It was finally cancelled in 2011 after so many negative reviews.
The Nutshack was met with extremely negative reviews from critics and viewers alike and it's considered as the one of the worst animated shows ever. With currently holds on 2.2/10 on iMDB.