The Return of Slade is the fiftieth episode of the second season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-second overall episode of the series.
Beast Boy and Cyborg try to make a clown meet their standards, not realizing that they're not kids anymore.
Why It Sucks
- It's just a 15-minute-long "But it's made for kids!" "PSA"-like excuse.
- Misleading Title: Deathstroke (aka Slade) does not make an appearance at all and is only mentioned in this episode.
- The episode starts off with a disturbing close-up of a pony's butt on the Titans' TV screen, which Raven is creepily staring at.
- This episode was intentionally made to insult the negative reviews the show had, proving that the writers are unable to take even the slightest form of criticism.
- According to the Teen Titans Go! Wiki, there were some TTG fans who actually wanted to see the Titans fight Slade. To say that they were unhappy would be a massive understatement.
The Return of Slade was universally panned by critics and fans alike and is considered to be the one of the worst episodes in the show's history. It has a 2.1 out of 10 rating on iMDB and a 1.7 out of 10 rating on TV.com, making it the lowest-rated TTG episode on both sites.