The Return of Slade is the fiftieth episode of the second season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-second overall episode of the series.
Beast Boy and Cyborg try to make a clown meet their standards, not realizing that they're not kids anymore.
Why It Sucks
- It's just a 15-minute-long "But it's made for kids!" "PSA"-like excuse.
- Misleading Title: Deathstroke (aka Slade) is only mentioned in the episode.
- It starts with a distracting close-up of a pony's butt on the Titans' TV screen, which Raven is creepily staring at.
- It was intentionally made to lash back at the negative reviews the show had, proving that the writers can not take even the slightest form of criticism.
- There's a message about forgetting your childhood (a direct jab to the fans of the original series).
- According to the Teen Titans Go! Wiki, there were some TTG fans who actually wanted to see the Titans fight Slade. To say that they were unhappy would be a massive understatement. Even multiple anoymous users were spamming about this on the comment section of the old wiki that they all hated this episode.
- Besides its misleading title, its childish plot is stupid. Like, WHY would Beast Boy and Cyborg, two teens, hire a clown that is meant for KIDS!?
- Nonsensical ending.
- Inspired Omni-Tricked
The Return of Slade was universally panned by critics and fans alike and is considered to be the one of the worst episodes in the show's history. It has a 2.1 out of 10 rating on iMDB and a 1.7 out of 10 rating on TV.com, making it the lowest-rated TTG episode on both sites.